TEAL 2.0 Support and Development Center of SLTC
Under the TEAL 2.0 Project, TEAL 2.0 Support and Development Centers (SDCs) will be set up and launched in the 3 partnering countries, namely India, Sri Lanka and Thailand, and in the 8 participating institutes.
Improving access to Science and Technology higher education is the top priority in the Asian countries participating in the TEAL2.O project – Sri Lanka, India, and Thailand. The TEAL2.O project will develop and deploy an open-access platform for a technology-enabled learning environment to facilitate the design and delivery of quality ODL in Science & Technology higher education.
Under the project, TEAL Support and Development Centers will be established in Sri Lanka, India and Thailand. The SLTC has acquired equipment for the soon to be established Teal2.O Centre at SLTC campus. The establishment of a TEAL2.O Support and Development Center (SDC) is aimed at serving as a contact point for institutions and learners that want to use and co-create TEAL2.O, to maintain the operations of the platform and to help in managing and customizing the system at the institutional level.
The Support and Development Centers (SDCs) are university support structures tasked with promoting the use and further development of the TEAL2.O environment among students and teaching staff within the university, as well as within the national higher education system. They will be contact points for institutions that wish to use the platform. Such institutions can address the nearest SDC and receive support in setting up, using or contributing to the TEAL2.O environment.
The main purpose of the SDCs is to ensure the sustainability of the TEAL2.O environment and the future expansion of its exploitation network.
The SDCs will perform the following activities (during the project and post-project):
1. Promotion of the TEAL2.O platform through organizing internal university events and meetings, presentations in relevant external events and conferences (national and international) and outreach to local communities
2. Provision of short trainings for faculty, students, and external stakeholders interested in learning how to use the platform; provision of technical support to faculty looking to develop advanced content
3. Maintaining the platform by providing ongoing technical support
4. Assisting the home university and other institutions in managing and customizing the system at institutional level in order to ensure its unproblematic use in the teaching process
4. Carrying out research on user preferences and requirements, notably monitoring for changing context and needs
5. Updating and further developing the platform, e.g. adding new functionalities and tools
6. Improving guidance notes and demos in view of making the platform more learner-friendly (on the basis of user feedback and user preferences research)
7. Proposal writing or fundraising to ensure further financial support for development and innovation on the platform or expansion of its exploitation network
8. Liaising with policymakers responsible for ODE
Dr Nanda Gunarardhana
Prof. Dusantha Jayakody
Dr. Nuwan Vithanagae
Dr. Udesh Oruthota
Dr. Dhammika Elkaduwe
Dr. Hashitha Munasinghe
Mr. Charith Jayanetti
Mr. Gihan Madushanka
Mr. Ashan Sooriyabandara
The Teal2.O Support and Development Center is opening soon at the SLTC Campus.